Friday, July 09, 2010

I might watch them

Recently discovered the RadioTime station on my Roku player -- and it is terrific. Radio stations that stream on the Internet I can now run through my TV's sound system with ease. I can even choose presets for stations I want to be able to return to -- such as the Swedish, the Australian, the Croatian, etc. etc. The Dakar station wouldn't connect -- maybe later.
This morning I thought I'd pick up some sports talk following the LeBron announcement last night. One of the station choices happened to be in Cleveland. To say the people there are unappreciative of the years of toil James put in on their behalf, now that he is jumping ship to pursue an actual title, would be putting it mildly. The man is now persona non grata and the target of a heap of vitriol. But lone superstars never win titles. If LeBron couldn't get Wade and Bosh to come to Cleveland, he had to go to them. It makes perfect sense, but how to do it without causing a riot and receiving death threats from your erstwhile fans? Seems he's not pulling that one off very well. It won't be until they are playing Los Angeles in The Finals that I will be able to root for them. But before that, if I get the chance, I might watch them.

Blog Archive