- A Stopwatch and an Ordnance Map, op.15 5:31 University of Melbourne Choir / Lawrence Choral Music - Ormond College / Lawrence Classical 2000 Barber, Samuel
- When I Stop Dreaming 3:16 George Jones Greatest Hits - Vol.2 Pop 1992
- Senioritis 2:40 MC Paul Barman It's Very Stimulating Hip Hop/Rap 2000
- Stormy Weather 6:45 Rufus Wainwright Rufus Does Judy At Carnegie Hall Pop
- C’Etait UNE Histoire D’Amour (Contet, Jal) P 1942 4:28 Edith Piaf Love And Passion Box Set (Disc 3- C'etait Une Histoire d'Amour) World 2001 J. Jal, Henri Contet
- The Good, The Bad & The Queen 6:16 The Good, The Bad & The Queen Q - Best Of 2007 Alternative & Punk 2005 The Good, The Bad & The Queen
- Azda 7:34 Franco The Very Best of the Rumba Giant of Zaire World 2000
- E Flat Major Sonata, BWV 1031: Siciliano 2:15 Stephen Preston, traverso, Trevor Pinnock, hapsichord Bach: Flute Sonatas Classical 1975 J.S.Bach
- Don't Blame Me 3:01 Sarah Vaughan Young Sassy: I'll Wait And Pray (Disc 1) Jazz 1945 Dorothy Fields, Jimmy McHugh
- Ruby My Dear 3:09 Thelonious Monk Confirmation Jazz 1947 Monk,Thelonious/Monk
- Phuman'endlini 2:43 Various Artists Bergville Stories Soundtrack
- It's Happening Again 4:40 The Killer Shrews The Killer Shrews Rock
- Every Beat Of My Heart 2:04 The Pips With Gladys Knight Vee-Jay: The Definitive Collection Pop 1961 Johnny Otis
- Little Fury Things 3:05 Dinosaur Jr Gimme Indie Rock, Vol. 1 [Disc 1] Alternative & Punk 1987
- Romeo [Acoustic Mix] 3:33 Basement Jaxx The No.1 Ibiza Chillout Album (Disc 2) Electronica/Dance 2001
- Ooh Ooh Baby 3:28 Britney Spears Blackout Pop 2007 F. Nassar/K. DioGuardi/E. Coomes
- Too Late 2:49 Jackson Southernaires Peacock Gospel Classics : Gospel Groups-Over In Glory Gospel & Religious
- Mountain Gal 2:24 Red Price & His Rockin' Rhythm Rock 'n' Skiffle: Brit Beat Beginnings Rock 1956
- Washing Machine 2:56 Amy LaVere Anchors & Anvils Rock 2007
- Beethoven : 3 Equalen Voor 4 Tromb. WoO. 30 : Idem 2 2:12 Otteto Italiano Otteto Italiano : Beethoven : Music For Winds And Brass Classical 2000 Beethoven
- Cathedrals 3:24 The Handsome Family Down In the Valley Country 1998
Friday, December 28, 2007
Thursday, December 20, 2007
- Web In Front 2:05 Archers Of Loaf Icky Mettle Alternative & Punk 1993
- Bernier, Brianin: The Night Has A Thousand Eyes 9:44 Buddy Bernier, Jerry Brianin Krusche, Martin: Friendship Pagoda Jazz 2000
- Spirit On The Water 7:43 Bob Dylan Modern Times Folk 2006
- Mama Na Bana 11:02 Konono Nº1 Live At Couleur Café World 2007 Konono N°1
- The Night Is Blue Oct. 4, 1934 3:11 Red Norvo That Devilin' Tune: A Jazz History (1895-1950) Vol. 3 Jazz
- B Minor Sonata, BWV 1030: Largo E Dolce 3:37 Stephen Preston, traverso, Trevor Pinnock, hapsichord Bach: Flute Sonatas Classical 1975 J.S.Bach
- The Joker [Kid Carpet Remix] 4:37 Fatboy Slim The No.1 Ibiza Chillout Album (Disc 2) Electronica/Dance 2004
- Here 3:56 Pavement Slanted & Enchanted Alternative & Punk 1992 Pavement
- Ou Sont-Ils Mes Petits Copains? 3:32 Edith Piaf L' Accordeoniste Jazz 2001 Monnot, Piaf
- Seventeenth Century Boogie 2:07 Winifred Atwell Rock 'n' Skiffle: Brit Beat Beginnings Rock 1954
- Stairway To The Stars 2:22 Frank Strozier Cool, Calm And Collected Jazz
- Piece Of Me 3:32 Britney Spears Blackout Pop 2007 C. Karlsson/K. Ahlund/P. Winnberg
- Tinerete, Tinerete (Romica Puceanu) 7:24 Toni Iordache Sounds From A Bygone Age, Vol. 4 Folk 2007
- Killing Him 3:05 Amy LaVere Anchors & Anvils Rock 2007
- Beethoven : Trio Voor 2 Hobo En Engelse Hoorn Op 87 : Adagio 4:11 Otteto Italiano Otteto Italiano : Beethoven : Music For Winds And Brass Classical 2000 Beethoven
- Dodo's Bounce 1:43 Dodo Marmarosa Confirmation Jazz 1946 Marmarosa/Marmarosa,Dodo
- Kamoukie 5:04 Salif Keita M'Bemba Alternative & Punk 2006
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
|I now have:|
---So far the list covers just for the past couple years, but it might be useful for me if not for others. At any rate, if you are a list freak like me, here is another of my lists. As you may know or have surmised I am a zealous collector of Christgau Consumer Guide choices in my music collection. I've noticed on the Robert Christgau website, that handy lists by year can easily be found. Checking printouts of these against my own database, it is quite easy for me to make an extract of Xgau choices in my collection. Unfortunately for my bankroll I also acquire more jazz and classical music, not to mention podcasts, outside the Xgau purview than I can ever hope to give enough of a listen to, but for pop and rock and a diverse coterie of subgenres, Christgau has been my main man to lead me by the ear, ever since I first broke down and bought a CD player back in 1992 and didn't want to make the mistakes I made with all the vinyl LPs I had accrued until then. I mean CDs were expensive. They still are, but I am finding that there are more budget choices to try things just to check things out, without beforehand being sure they will be great to listen to after many plays, as Christgau insures.
CHRISTGAU PICKS FOR MY CD COLLECTION published on the web. My document is publicly viewable at: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dg4jpxbt_13db8bwcq6 Published on December 11, 2007 12:24 PM
---Right now my total collection stands at some 6000+ discs. Four thousand, at least, I wish I could listen to right now. Browsing the list at least I can be reminded a little bit of what all there is there.
Thursday, December 06, 2007
- 04/12/2007: Parliamentary Committees CBC Radio: The Best of The Current CBC Radio: The Best of The Current 20:42 With Karlheinz Schreiber testifying before the House of Commons Ethics Committee, The Current takes a look at Parliamentary committees and their effectiveness.
- 11/21/07 Marketplace Money APM APM: Marketplace Money 54:10 See the world on a shoestring; A home away from home; Vacation tip: Leave the laptop behind; Work Life: Airline pilot; Buzzword: Block time; Marketplace Money Mailbag; Educating Rico: Lost in translation; Trade misery for miles; Straight Story: Giving tha
- 11/27/07 Marketplace American Public Media APM: Marketplace 29:07 Let's be rational: Tougher times ahead; Cities are stuck in mortgage meltdown; Citigroup gets help from Abu Dhabi; There's only one Burger King in this town; Google searching for renewable energy; Verizon to open network to more phones; A new way to navig
- 11/28/07 Marketplace American Public Media APM: Marketplace 29:07 When this man talks, markets get giddy; What's OPEC thinking?; On the road to new fuel economy rules?; R.J. Reynolds to pull cigarette ads; Talk-show host Daly to cross picket line; Telecoms should fight illegal orders; SEC blocks shareholder-rights effor
- 11/29/07 Marketplace American Public Media APM: Marketplace 29:07 Another hit to U.S. oil supplies; Sears profits go into free fall; Liquidity crunch spreads to muni bonds; Luxury report card called unsatisfactory; Ratings firm sees opportunity in chaos; Working to make eBay easier and safer; Social networking is here t
- 11/30/07 Marketplace American Public Media APM: Marketplace 29:07 Freeze coming on subprime mortgages?; Post Office gives Netflix negative review; Hugo Chavez, president for life?; Iraqi refugees returning, but to what?; Week on Wall Street; South African miners to strike for safety; An incubator for maternity products
- 11/30/07 Marketplace Money American Public Media APM: Marketplace Money 52:11 A new deal for the housing market; In search of a security blanket; BYOB: Bring your own BlackBerry; Work Life: Museum guard; Buzzword: Proxy access; Marketplace Money Mailbag; Investment Clubs: Seattle summary; Taken for a ride; Straight Story: Subprime
- 12/03/07 Marketplace American Public Media APM: Marketplace 29:07 Paulson to offer fix for mortgage mess; Moody's may soon downgrade SIV notes; Dell takes a hard drive at advertising; AT&T hangs up on pay-phone business; Prospecting in 'frontier markets'; Set goals for the 'bottom billion' to rise; Divided Belgium is of
- 12/04/07 Marketplace American Public Media APM: Marketplace 29:07 Iran sanctions now seen as unlikely; Subprime fears fuel run on Florida fund; Airlines plan to pack in more per flight; Study puts cities' best feet forward; Goodwill goes 'vintage,' gets trendy; A look at listener mail; Paying a visit to the 'Jews of the
- 12/05/07 Marketplace American Public Media APM: Marketplace 29:07 Mortgage-freeze plan is on its way; Nielsen to target illegal Web videos; S. African candidate campaigns in U.S.; Money finds its way to art speculation; Plug-in hybrids need more juice; Gold standard won't make things better; Aussies fill up with gasolin
- #132 - Cuddle Me Quatchi CBC Radio 3 CBC Radio 3 Podcast with Grant Lawrence 1:03:39 Monstrous new tracks from Black Mountain, C'Mon and Daggermouth, plus a 90 Second Egg with Bella, and Grant's review of the Grey Cup and the new Olympic mascots.
- #344: The Competition Chicago Public Radio This American Life 1:01:11 Stories about unintended consequences of market forces. A Tulsa businessman tries to cut costs by bringing workers from India to Tulsa. And two competing TV news teams in Boise, Idaho, begin with the same set of facts and end up with opposite conclusions.
- 2007-12-05: As It Happens Daily CBC Radio: The Best of As It Happens CBC Radio: The Best of As It Happens 14:58 Sticking to his guns. Former US ambassador to the UN John Bolton says Iran still poses a nuclear threat, despite intelligence reports indicating otherwise. And US congressman Dennis Kucinich accuses Washington of warmongering and stubborn disregard for th
- Act yer age! Or don't... (12/2/07) CBC Radio: The Best of DNTO CBC Radio: The Best of DNTO 37:01 What does "acting your age" mean these days? We explore that question with actors Ellen Page and Eric Peterson. Plus, Clare Lawlor does some soulsearching to find out if she really is a grown-up; and comedy from John Wing.
- Afropop Worldwide Travels to Seville Spain for WOMEX 2007 PRI: Afropop Worldwide 11:20 Every year, the Afropop Worldwide team goes to WOMEX in the heart of old Al-Andalus, Seville, to gather interviews, live recordings and mountains of new CDs available nowhere else. This is the most important pow-wow for artists and world music pros any
- Agony Column Podcast News Report : Dana Mackenzie 'The Big Splat' Rick Kleffel : The Agony Column Podcast News Report Rick Kleffel:Agony Column 24:03 The Moon Sees Me
- Ah, My Brother Oliver Sacks WGBH Morning Stories 12:51 Author and Neurologist Oliver Sacks sees the person behind the mental illness. Dr. Sacks' latest book is Musicophilia. http://musicophilia.com Susan Wadle's blog is http://cookinandbookin.blogspot.com/ Thanks to Magnatune recording artist Andreas Haef
- American RadioWorks - Design of Desire APM APM: American RadioWorks 53:18 New research is lending insight into why we want stuff that we don't need. It also explains why some people are what are called tightwads, while other people are spendthrifts. Why do we buy? How are designers and marketers influencing what we buy? And how
- Andy Swan - Can I Pay You With Sunshine? CBC Radio 3 CBC Radio 3 New Music Canada Track of the Day 3:42 New Music Canada Track of the Day. Craig Norris: "Sometimes when I close my eyes I'm right back there..."
- Art Brut in Concert NPR NPR: Live Concerts from All Songs Considered 1:09:17 Hear Art Brut recorded live in concert from Washington, D.C. The group opened for The Hold Steady with punk-inspired rock and a playful sense of humor. The group is part of what NME calls the art-wave scene in South London. The group gets its name from
- Atkinson interviewed by O'Donnell C-SPAN C-SPAN - After Words 59:39 Rick Atkinson author of "The Day of Battle: The War in Sicily and Italy, 1943-1944" interviewed by Patrick O'Donnell.
- Back Story With The Times's Linda Greenhouse The New York Times Backstory 6:46 Linda Greenhouse on Supreme Court arguments over whether detainees have adequate means to challenge their captivity.
- Balkan Electronica, Bloc Party, Chris Walla Exclusive NPR NPR: All Songs Considered 31:23 An exclusive preview from the solo debut by Death Cab for Cutie's Chris Walla; Balkan-flavored electronica from Shantel; J-pop girl group Oreska Band; A new dance pop single from Bloc Party; A curious world of sound from Britain's Tunng; The Pink Floyd-in
- BBC History magazine - December 2007 BBC Magazines Bristol BBC History magazine 44:22 BBC History magazine - December 2007
- Best of KGO: School Vending Machine Best Of KGO 1:31 KGO's Production Director, Mike Amatori, offered the Morning News his take on a major report that came out about efforts across the country to get healthier foods into schools.
- Book Update for 12/01/2007 Sam Tanenhaus of The New York Times Book Review 5:52 This Week: Umberto Eco, 2007 Notable Books, Jim Shepard and bestseller news.
- Boston, Back on Top with a Vengeance NPR NPR: Sports with Frank Deford 3:55 For years, Boston sports fans endured disappointment and loss. Now the city is at the center of the sports universe, with dominant teams in baseball, football and basketball. Even the hockey team is making a comeback.
- Car Talk Call of the Week #0748 NPR NPR: Car Talk's Call of the Week 7:45 Car Talk's Call of the Week for December 1, 2007
- Car Talk December 1, 2007 Show #0748 NPR NPR: Car Talk 54:45 A recent Puzzler breaks the all-time record for bogosity. Also, The Washington Post tries to stump us, Tom and Ray recommend AGAINST a duct tape fix, and a Ford F-150 goes for a very slow midnight ride.
- Carmen McRae: 'Painter of Song' NPR NPR: Jazz Profiles 49:09 She was an excellent pianist, songwriter, storyteller, even actress. But Carmen McRae was best known as an outstanding song stylist, whose great strength was in her phrasing and interpretation of lyrics.
- The City of Words: The 2007 Massey Lectures by Alberto Manguel - Part Five CBC Radio: The Best of Ideas CBC Radio: The Best of Ideas 1:10:04 The end of ethnic nationalism, building societies around sets of common values, seems like a good idea. But something is going wrong. In the 2007 Massey Lectures, writer Alberto Manguel takes a fresh look at some of the problems we face, and suggests we s
- College Grads Paid to Play Video Games NPR NPR: Business Story of the Day 4:21 Fast-growing video game manufacturer Volition, based in Champaign, Illinois, pays recent college graduates -- who are also experienced gamers -- to test their games. Testing is a first, full-time job for many of the graduates. They are looking for flaws
- Deborah Lathen, Former FCC Cable Services Chief, 1998-2001 C-SPAN C-SPAN - The Communicators 17:46 Ms. Lathen discusses cable-related issues discussed at the November 27th meeting of the FCC.
- Contact (Radio Lab) Jad Abumrad & Robert Krulwich WNYC's Radio Lab 58:26 This week we take a look at the different ways that people connect to each other and how they act once they’re together. NOTE: This episode contains EXPLICIT language about sex.
- A conversation with John Scalzi, Scott Westerfeld, and Justine Larbalestier, Part 1 Tor Books Tor Podcasting 9:53 Join authors Scalzi, Westerfeld, and Larbalestier for a chat about their new books and hotel hijinks.
- Craig Zobel Elvis Mitchell KCRW's The Treatment 28:42 In writing and directing his first feature film, Great Wall of Sound, Craig Zobel drew from his real life and focuses the film on the south that few see. It's a low-budget comedy abou
- Crowning the King of Pop (Soundcheck: Wednesday, 05 December 2007) WNYC, New York Public Radio WNYC's Soundcheck 32:28 Michael Jackson's "Thriller" changed the music industry forever. It broke sales records and stayed at No. 1 on the charts for 37 weeks. And, it changed the way pop music related to African-American performers, music videos, and even dancers. Daily News mu
- Cuff The Duke - Black Heart CBC Radio 3 CBC Radio 3 New Music Canada Track of the Day 6:40 New Music Canada Track of the Day. Craig Norris: "Warning: The following Track of the Day podcast is a promo..."
- The Daily Grind in Iraq On Point On Point with Tom Ashbrook 44:21 You know the news out of Iraq these days: the surge seems to be working, at least for now. Some refugees are trickling back in. The U.S. military complains that Iraq's politicians aren't doing their part to stabilize the country. Foreign jihadis are on th
- "The Dalai-Rae-Frances-Frances-Speed-Football Episode" Nov. 29, 2007 CBC Radio: Comedy Factory CBC Radio: Comedy Factory 21:36 I was having trouble coming up with a title for this episode. There's a skit about the Dalai Llama. And some political satire from Al Rae. And two pieces by Diana Frances. Then a commentary about speed. And finally some Grey Cup humour. And then it hit me
- Dead Show/podcast for 11/30/07 John Henrikson The Dead Show on KOPN 89.5 FM 1:31:09 This week I'm playing a really interesting show from May 7th, 1984 from the Hult Center in Eugene Oregon. There's a lot of wonderful Brent and Phil in this recording .. so watch the volume and save your ears! :) Grateful Dead Silva Hall, Hult Center, Euge
- Dec. 1, 2007: The Writer's Almanac APM APM: Garrison Keillor's The Writer's Almanac 5:38 The Writer's Almanac for Saturday, December 1, 2007
- Dec. 2, 2007: The Writer's Almanac APM APM: Garrison Keillor's The Writer's Almanac 5:38 The Writer's Almanac for Sunday, December 2, 2007
- Dec. 3, 2007: The Writer's Almanac APM APM: Garrison Keillor's The Writer's Almanac 5:40 The Writer's Almanac for Monday, December 3, 2007
- Dec. 4, 2007: The Writer's Almanac APM APM: Garrison Keillor's The Writer's Almanac 5:40 The Writer's Almanac for Tuesday, December 4, 2007
- Dec. 5, 2007: The Writer's Almanac APM APM: Garrison Keillor's The Writer's Almanac 5:43 The Writer's Almanac for Sunday, December 5, 2007
- Dec. 6, 2007: The Writer's Almanac APM APM: Garrison Keillor's The Writer's Almanac 5:43 The Writer's Almanac for Thursday, December 6, 2007
- December 1, 2007 Episode Stephen Euin Cobb The Future And You 1:49:57 Authors Timothy Zahn and Kevin J. Anderson are joined by Professor Paul Levinson (media commentator) and Paul Fischer (pioneering podcaster), as well as by Stoney Compton and Walt (The Bananaslug) Boyes. Hosted by Stephen Euin Cobb, this is the December 1
- December 6th: Diversifying Libraries CBC Radio: Editor's Choice CBC Radio: Editor's Choice 6:44 Census results released this week revealed that almost half of the people living in the GTA were born outside of the country. Metro Morning host Andy Barrie spoke with the CEO of Brampton Libraries to find out how they’ve changed the way they do business
- Denmark Undergoes a Musical Makeover NPR NPR: Music 8:49 Story: The Danish band Aqua had a big hit called "Barbie Girl." Ten years ago, it was No. 1 all over the world. But since then, Denmark has had a relatively low musical profile internationally. That doesn't mean that nothing has been going on. In fact, th
- Dispatches, December 3, 2007 CBC Radio: Dispatches CBC Radio: Dispatches 55:17 The new Opium Eaters of Afghanistan. The world's oldest narcotic addiction isn't just for adults anymore...children are addicts too. In Borneo, two villages and their two approaches to the disappearing rainforest. Plus, the story of witches and warriors
- The Diving Bell and the Butterfly Joe Morgenstern KCRW's Film Reviews 4:13 Joe Morgenstern, film critic for the Wall Street Journal, reviews The Diving Bell and the Butterfly.
- The Election Online: A Panel with Arianna Huffington, Mark McKinnon, and Peter Daou The New Yorker New Yorker: Ken Auletta 59:49 A quarterly conversation with prominent figures in the media industry.
- Emily Jane White - Wild Tigers I Have Known IndieFeed.com community IndieFeed: Indie Pop Music 4:44 Emily Jane White on IndieFeed Indie Pop.
- Episode 017 : Roundtable - The Artist and the Indie Label cdbabypodcast.com CD Baby DIY Musician Podcast 34:53 Songwriting, record labels and music seminars, Oh Boy! Robert fearlessly signs up to write-and-record an album in one month (gulp), Kevin visits Seattle Music ...
- Explosion-Themed Movie Tops Weekend Box Office The Onion The Onion Radio News 0:54
- fabric podcast 02: Andy Weatherall fabric the fabric podcast 48:33 The hugely revered DJ, producer, remixer and label owner Andy Weatherall revisits his earliest musical influences and memories, presenting tracks from his formative years by the likes of T Rex, David Bowie, Mot the Hoople, Brian Eno and The Ramones.
- Fake Shark - Real Zombie! - Designer Drugs CBC Radio 3 CBC Radio 3 New Music Canada Track of the Day 3:51 New Music Canada Track of the Day. Lana Gay: " So I was in Toronto for about 40 hours last week..."
- Fakes and Saltbreakers (Studio 360) Public Radio International/WNYC PRI's Studio 360 51:22 Studio 360 pulls back the curtain on the world of fakes. Kurt Andersen and art expert Thomas Hoving look at why we still get fooled by artifice. We’ll hear from an art forger in England who did time for his crimes, and about the actors who impersonated pr
- Feral Children - Me, Me, Just Me Feral Children KEXP Song of the Day 2:53 Feral Children - "Me, Me, Just Me" from the 2007 album Second to the Last Frontier on Buffalo Shoe Recordings.
- Flashlight Discovery - November 20 2007 The Orchard Flashlight Discovery 17:37 The Readymen, Show Of Hands, Scanners, Macaco, Sebastien Izambard
- Follow the Leaders The New Yorker New Yorker: Comment 9:08 Hendrik Hertzberg on why Iraq is political death for Bush's international allies.
- Following the race to the presidency MPR MPR: Midmorning Podcast (Hour 1) with Kerri Miller 53:45 The Democratic presidential candidates discussed Iran, China, and immigration in Iowa Tuesday. With the Iowa caucuses less than a month away, were any of them able to separate themselves from the pack? Midmorning's guests analyze the debate.
- FOOC: Featuring Russia and Yemen 01 Dec 07 BBC Radio 4 From Our Own Correspondent 28:13 Despatches from the BBC's foreign correspondents. This week: As Russians prepare to vote in the country's elections, Tim Whewell has been gauging opinion in the north of the country, a region rich in oil and home to both indigenous tribes and large...
- Frankie Manning and The Bucket Boys The Story APM: The Story 51:29 Frankie Manning helped invent the Lindy Hop. At 93, he still teaches and performs - he thinks it helps keep him alive.
- Freshman Slump The New Yorker New Yorker: Out Loud 13:09 Nick Paumgarten on Eliot Spitzer's difficult first year as Governor of New York.
- From Cold War to Cold Peace America Abroad Media PRI: America Abroad 51:02 Russia's Resurgence (Full program)
- FrontRow: Viva La Diva, The Assassination of Jesse James, Ted Hughes and Noel Coward’s Letters, Thomas Middleton 30 Nov 07 BBC Radio 4 Front Row Highlights 30:14 Katherine Jenkins and Darcey Bussell's Viva La Diva reviewed, the verdict on Brad Pitt in The Assassination of Jesse James, Letters of Ted Hughes and Noel Coward and why Britain might consider having a Royal Middleton Company....
- A Gallant writer celebrated. SELECTED SHORTS PRI: Selected Shorts 6:32 This program celebrates the remarkable writer Mavis Gallant, a long-time contributor to The New Yorker. In the 1950s Canadian-born Gallant quit a steady journalism job to move to Paris and take a risk on fiction writing, with great success. The tale fe
- GlobalNews: 06 Dec 07 AM BBC World Service Global News 28:31 Pressure on Sudan, Neo Nazis in Russia and Germany's biggest ever lottery....
- Good Music on a Bad Day Tom Breihan Status Ain't Hood 25:07 The Chad Butler Memorial Edition
- Graveyard - Thin Line IndieFeed.com community IndieFeed: Alternative / Modern Rock Music 8:02 Graveyard on IndieFeed Alt/Mod Rock
- Guardian first book award: Dinaw Mengestu Guardian Unlimited Books on Guardian Unlimited 13:10 Dinaw Mengestu speaks to literary editor Claire Armitstead about his novel Children of the Revolution which has won the Guardian first book award.
- Guardian Weekly Podcast No 38 Jim Falzarano Guardian Weekly Podcast 34:58 Russia's elections, the status of Kosovo, Chavez loses referendum, Bali climate conference, Act For Darfur, Guardian's First Book Award, meeting King Sihanouk for tea
- Here and Now for Wednesday, December 5, 2007 Here and Now WBUR: Here and Now 36:23 The storm has moved on, but tens of thousands are still without power in Oregon and Washington and several miles of Interstate 5, the main artery connecting Canada, the US, and Mexico, is still under water. We'll get a report with Tom Banse of KUOW-FM.
- High Expectations for Middle East Peace Talks NPR NPR: Talk of the Nation Opinion Page 17:39 Aaron David Miller, a former U.S. Middle East negotiator, talks about the Middle East summit scheduled in Annapolis, Md. In a recent op-ed, Miller says that Tuesday's meeting "is shaping up to be a case study of what happens when you call a peace confere
- HomeGrown: 03 Dec 07 BBC 1Xtra HomeGrown Mix 20:44 This week's HomeGrown podcast features some unheard of breakbeat action, the smoothest in unsigned RnB with a little bit of grime and hip hop thrown into the mix. It's big, it's new and it's free....
- Hot Jazz Ken Laster In The Groove, Jazz and Beyond 1:14:31 Hot Jazz to warm you up on a cold December evening.
- HuwIntro:The Loungs In Session 29 Nov 07 BBC Radio 1 Radio 1 Introducing... 22:37 St Helen's The Loungs in session, Tipster Dave Monks tells us about Liverpool Music Week and we check out the week's independent releases in On The Radar....
- In The Loop for December 1, 2007 "Flip-Flop Fever" MPR MPR: In The Loop 59:00 (Length: 1 hr.) With primary season just weeks away, the politicos and pundits are on the watch for the dreaded "flip-flop." In The Loop goes political with an informative, sometimes irreverant, look at that toxic phrase. From the etymology of "flip-flop
- Interview: Craig Venter 30Nov07 BBC World Service Interview 26:03 Craig Venter, one of the world's leading genetic scientists, talks to Owen Bennett-Jones about the fallout from the race to decode the human genome, why science thrives on competition and his new goal of making a synthetic life-form....
- Is It Time to End Affirmative Action? NPR NPR: Intelligence Squared 1:50:17 Last year, Michigan became the third state to ban the use of affirmative action in the public arena. Is it time to end it across the country? A panel of experts debates in the latest in the Intelligence Squared U.S. series.
- James P. Othmer: The Futurist KQED KQED: The Writers' Block 8:18 In this excerpt from his novel THE FUTURIST, James P. Othmer reads the career ending speech given by Yates, a consultant, guru and keynote speaker at the "Futureworld" conference.
- John and The Sisters - Too Damn Big IndieFeed.com Community IndieFeed: Blues Music 5:42 John and The Sisters on IndieFeed Blues.
- John Micklethwait, Editor-in-chief of The Economist C-SPAN C-SPAN - Q and A 57:10 John Micklethwait, the London-based editor in chief of The Economist magazine, talks about his special report on religion, faith, and politics. It was published in the November 3 issue of the magazine.
- Jonathan Inc. - Weathered CBC Radio 3 CBC Radio 3 New Music Canada Track of the Day 4:35 New Music Canada Track of the Day. Tariq Hussain: "A good friend of mine invited me to the Railway Club the other night to see a show by Jonathan Inc..."
- Kitka National Geographic World Music Profiles 7:45 If you think you've heard choral music, think again! Vocal ensemble Kitka has a passion for dissonances, unusual rhythms and lush harmonies, all rooted in Eastern European traditions. Their new album is "The Rusalka Cycle."
- le Show - December 2, 2007 Harry Shearer KCRW's Le Show (Harry Shearer) 48:58 le Show - Live from KCRW Studios in Los Angeles
- Lingro translates Web sites word-by-word APM APM: Future Tense 4:11 Web site translation service Lingro
- Listener's Choice - November 30th, 2007: C.S. Lewis Special CBC Radio: Listener's Choice CBC Radio: Listener's Choice 33:06 Brock Miles chose this special on author C.S. Lewis from the Sunday Edition as his request.
- Live in Chicago: Comedy MaximumFun.org PRI: The Sound of Young America 41:12 Comedy from Hannibal Burress, Schadenfreude, Team Submarine and The Second City. Recorded live in Chicago.
- M.I.A. M.I.A. KEXP Live Performances Podcast 28:41 Like Maya Arulpragasam herself the music of M.I.A. is adventurous, strong and not unlike a meeting of different worlds. Western clubs beats collide with unique samples and international sounds while her lyrics cross hip-hop slang with patois and modern ro
- made of 100% win Wil Wheaton WWdN: In Exile 4:36 One of Jonathan Coulton's fans sent him a French translation of RE: Your Brains. JoCo (which I suppose I need to call him now, since that's what his fans call him, and I'm quite obviously a fan) recorded the French...
- Maggie Estep - Sex Goddess of the Western Hemisphere IndieFeed.com Community IndieFeed: Performance Poetry 9:04 Show Number 312. Part 2 of a 9 part series, celebrating the release of Words in Your Face: A Guided Tour Through 20 years of the New York City Poetry Slam by Cristin O'Keefe Aptowicz! Learn more about Maggie Estep. Contact Mongo, your show host!
- Majority of computer users admit to using others' WiFi without permission APM APM: Future Tense 4:30 Sophos' Graham Cluley on "WiFi piggybacking"
- Massive campaign to infect computers twharted for now APM APM: Future Tense 4:30 Google as apparently thwarted an attack that infected an unknown number of computers with malicious software, according to security company Sunbelt Software.
- Material:Intelligent Agents and Water Repelling Soil 29Nov2007 BBC Radio 4 Material World 27:54 Sue Nelson finds out what makes something water proof, and why soil that will not absorb water can cause massive flooding and soil erosion. Also why autonomous computer programs, or Intelligent Agents, are out performing humans and are making money on...
- Media Talk: 30.11.2007 Guardian Unlimited Media Talk on Guardian Unlimited 33:27 Robert Freeman hears from Emily Bell, Steve Hewlett and Stephen Brook on plans to unite British broadcasting on the web; plus women in film and television, kids tv in crisis, and how to report the Iraq war on new media.
- Michael Feldman's Whad'Ya Know? December 1, 2007 Wisconsin Public Radio PRI: Michael Feldman's Whad'Ya Know? 53:38 This week, All the News that Isn't, cheating, and the Whad'Ya Know? Quiz... on Michael Feldman's Whad'Ya Know? from P-R-I, Public Radio International.
- Middle East Peace? Bill Moyers Journal BILL MOYERS JOURNAL | PBS 51:08 In the wake of this week's peace summit in Annapolis, Bill Moyers Journal profiles the politically powerful group Christians United for Israel (CUFI), whose leader Pastor John Hagee wants to bring millions of Christians together to support Israel.
- Mike Huckabee and Mitt Romney C-SPAN C-SPAN - Road to the White House 1:24:56 Mike Huckabee campaign event in New Hampshire and Mitt Romney's town hall meeting, part of his public forums, called Ask Mitt Anything, held around the country. This event comes from Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
- Millard Kaufman Michael Silverblatt KCRW's Bookworm 28:42 Bowl of Cherries (McSweeney's)
- Millard Kaufman has written a classic comic novel that belongs in the tradition that runs from Charles Dickens to Evelyn Waugh.
- MissFlag - Fortune KCRW.com KCRW's Today's Top Tune 4:36 MissFlag - Fortune
- Musab - Bang IndieFeed.com community IndieFeed: Hip Hop Music 4:35 Musab on IndieFeed Hip Hop
- Music Weekly: 29.11.2007 Guardian Unlimited Music Weekly on Guardian Unlimited 38:40 Battles are a group of American Math-rockers and they join us in the studio this week to talk about their chipmunk style vocals, and whether they'd coach the American Idol contestants...
- We look at the music and life of Nick Drake - considered one of the
- Musicheads for December 4, 2007 MPR MPR: 89.3 The Current: Musicheads 25:14 We reviewed a handful of "straggler releases" this week as the new releases season for 2007 draws to a close, including "The Black and White Album" from Swedish power-popsters The Hives; Pete Doherty and his new band Babyshambles' "Shotters Nation" (with
- MusicWeek: Interpol and The Futureheads 02 Dec 07 BBC 6 Music Music Week 21:09 This week we chat to The Futureheads about life since splitting with 679, and Interpol talk to us about all things visual....
- Mute - Audio Documents (Podcast) Alan Cross The Ongoing History of New Music Podcast from 102.1 the EDGE (Toronto) 1:16 Mute - Audio Documents (Podcast)
- The New Evangelical Leaders: Part 1 - Jim Wallis (November 29, 2007) American Public Media, Krista Tippett APM: Speaking of Faith with Krista Tippett 53:00 Jim Wallis, a new progressive Evangelical leader
- New Hope Valley Railway IndieFeed.com community IndieFeed: Big Shed Audio Documentaries 10:27 (Produced by Tim Telkamp) Come along for a ride on the rails with this audio postcard from the New Hope Valley Railway. This postcard is a companion piece to Tim Telkamp's photo-essay â4â 8 1/2" â A year in the life of the New Hope Valley Railway, 2
- The News from Lake Wobegon for Saturday, December 1, 2007 A Prairie Home Companion APM: A Prairie Home Companion's News from Lake Wobegon 14:17 The first flakes of snow fly in Lake Wobegon, and we're reminded of the dangers of marching to one's own drummer.
- The News from Lake Wobegon for Saturday, November 24, 2007 APM APM: A Prairie Home Companion's News from Lake Wobegon 11:22 Holiday time in Lake Wobegon, and that can mean only one thing: lutefisk.
- Newsdesk: 06.12.2007 Guardian Unlimited Newsdesk on Guardian Unlimited 33:11 Jon Dennis hears from Matthew Taylor on the case of the canoeist who has turned up after five years; plus the winner of the Guardian's first book award.
- NewsPod: 05 Dec 07 BBC Radio NewsPod 37:00 Abortion trial / Bush issues Iran warning / Calls to tax concert tickets re-sold online / New UK national anthem?...
- The Next Justice Princeton University Press Princeton University Press Podcasts 12:03 A Conversation with Christopher L. Eisgruber
- Nick Fiorucci - Everytime You Move IndieFeed.com community IndieFeed: Electronica Music 3:55 Nick Fiorucci on IndieFeed Electronica.
- NIE Report May Block Military Force Against Iran NPR NPR: Story of the Day 4:25 The latest intelligence report on Iran seems to be an obstacle to policies of President Bush. The report's main conclusion that Iran ceased a nuclear weapons program in 2003 may raise barriers to the possibility of using military force against Iran and qu
- Night and Day Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum The Concert 36:26 On this week of “The Concert,” we’ll listen to two sonatas by Beethoven, one for piano solo, and another for violin and piano, that seem about as different as night and day. Written around the same time as Beethoven’s infamous &ldq
- Nov. 29, 2007: The Writer's Almanac APM APM: Garrison Keillor's The Writer's Almanac 5:38 The Writer's Almanac for Wednesday, November 29, 2007
- Nov. 30, 2007: The Writer's Almanac APM APM: Garrison Keillor's The Writer's Almanac 5:38 The Writer's Almanac for Friday, November 30, 2007
- November 30, 2007 (On The Media: Friday, 30 November 2007) WNYC, New York Public Radio On The Media 51:10 Why local stories about presidential candidates don’t make it into the national press, how to address the junior senator from New York, and the word of the year!
- Now Online, a Guide to Detainee Treatment Writers of The Washington Post and Staff of washingtonpost.com From The Pages of The Post 4:12 Now Online, a Guide to Detainee Treatment
- NPR Playback: November - December 1982 NPR NPR: Playback 29:04 We're at the end of another year, closing out 1982 with a look at the stories of November and December: We give a rundown of the year's top headlines. Plus a report predicting global warming, hear about Time Magazine's strange selection for "Man of the Y
- NPR: 12-02-2007 Books NPR NPR: Books 43:10 Stories: 1) Alaska Trip Helps Heal Father and Son in 'Backcast' 2) Girls Get Their Guide to Adventure 3) Muldoon Is New Poetry Editor for 'New Yorker' 4) A 'Fear and Loathing' for the '08 Campaign 5) Afghan Bookseller Disputes Book About Him 6) Steve Mar
- NPR: 12-02-2007 Health & Science NPR NPR: Health & Science 34:44 Stories: 1) Artificial Intelligence Enters Brave New World 2) Medical Tourism Creates Thai Doctor Shortage 3) Campaign Fights over Health Care Could Be Costly 4) 'Animal, Vegetable, Fungi' Lesson Revised 5) Report Raises Questions About Safety of CT Scan
- NPR: 12-02-2007 Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! NPR NPR: Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! 47:58 Stories: 1) Who's Carl This Time? 2) Panel Round One 3) Bluff the Listener 4) Not My Job 5) Panel Round Two 6) Who's Carl This Time? 7) Lightning Fill In the Blank 8) Prediction
- NPR: 12-03-2007 Pop Culture NPR NPR: Pop Culture 21:05 Stories: 1) Pong: The Ping Heard 'Round the World 2) Aussie Singer Joins Ranks of Entertainer-Politicians 3) Laura Linney Explores the Art, Artifice of Acting 4) Roadside Attractions Fading from Landscape
- NPR: 12-04-2007 Economy NPR NPR: Economy 14:19 Stories: 1) Treasury to Air Plan to Help Homeowners 2) Ben Stein Rips Goldman Sachs over Subprime Mess 3) The Writers Strike and New Media 4) Florida Locales Divest Fund Tied to Bad Mortgages
- NPR: 12-05-2007 Day to Day -- Midday Magazine NPR NPR: Day to Day -- Midday Magazine 39:43 Stories: 1) Bush: Surge Improved Iraq Situation 2) Iraq Insignificant in the Presidential Campaign? 3) Supreme Court Hears Detainee-Rights Case 4) Looking Back at Japanese Internment Camps 5) 'Marketplace' Report: Protecting Kids from Toxins 6) Katrina L
- NPR: 12-05-2007 Fresh Air NPR NPR: Fresh Air 46:09 Stories: 1) Author Finds Migrating Animals Have 'No Way Home' 2) Book Sheds New Light on Baboon Social Scene
- NPR: 12-05-2007 Shuffle NPR NPR: Shuffle 30:33 NPR Shuffle mixes it up every day, offering an unpredictable sampler from 'Morning Edition', 'All Things Considered' and other award-winning NPR programs. Enjoy listening to this podcast just as you would enjoy listening to NPR - ready to be surprised by
- NPR: 12-05-2007 Talk of the Nation NPR NPR: Talk of the Nation 14:36 Stories: 1) Political Junkie: Analysis of the NPR Iowa Debate 2) Writers Strike Yields Lack of Late-Night Laughs 3) Supreme Court Takes Up Guantanamo Case 4) Actor Avery Brooks Stars in 'Tamburlaine'
- NPR: 12-06-2007 Most E-Mailed Stories NPR NPR: Most E-Mailed Stories 27:03 Stories: 1) Boston, Back on Top with a Vengeance 2) Wife's Story Highlights Indian Marriage Scam 3) College Grads Paid to Play Video Games 4) Pet Owners Pay for Lavish Funerals 5) MC Hammer Moves to Tap Online Dance Craze 6) Some Say Memorial Design Misr
- NYT: Health Update for 12/03/2007 Jane Brody of The New York Times Health Update 1:00 The topic is nonsurgical repairs of torn ligaments.
- NYT: Music Popcast for 12/05/2007 Sia Michel of The New York Times Music Popcast 20:28 This week: Wyclef Jean, Ghostface Killah, Scarface, and the making of a Christmas favorite.
- NYT: Science Times for 12/04/2007 David Corcoran of The New York Times Science Times 15:59 This week: The Hubble telescope, a top model with Asperger's and smart chimps.
- NYT: Tech Talk for 12/06/2007 Tom Holcomb and J.D. Biersdorfer of The New York Times NYT Tech Talk 23:30 This week: Tech news, wireless surround sound, PDA's and cameras.
- NYT: Weekend Business for 11/30/2007 Jeff Sommer of The New York Times Weekend Business 25:56 This week: the S.E.C.’s ruling on shareholder voting rights, the recreational vehicle as economic indicator and a contrarian argument for bullishness.
- NYT: World View for 11/16/2007 Greg Winter of The New York Times World View 5:53 Greg Winter and Mark Mazzetti discuss Pakistan.
- The Old Familiar Faces by Charles Lamb classicpoetryaloud Classic Poetry Aloud 2:01 Lamb read by Classic Poetry Aloud: http://www.classicpoetryaloud.com/ Giving voice to the poetry of the past. --------------------------------------------------- The Old Familiar Faces by Charles Lamb (1775–1834) I have had playmates, I have had co
- OpCast: OpCast for 12/05/2007 David Shipley of The New York Times OpCast 11:42 This week: David Shipley speaks with Harry Mount and Robert Wright.
- The Pacifica String Quartet plays Hindemith - WGBH Classical Performance WGBH Radio Boston WGBH Classical Performance 12:20 Paul Hindemith wrote a great deal of music for a wide variety of instruments, but we don't often hear about his string quartets. Here are two movements from the Third String Quartet of this 20th century master, played by the Pacifica String Quartet. ***
- Paste Magazine Culture Club - December 4, 2007 Paste Magazine Paste Culture Club 15:34 This week we have a live song from Dr. Dog, a track from November Four to Watch artist AJ Roach, and a track from OurStage.com winner Man/Miracle.
- Peace Talk; Huckabee; Obama/Bloomberg. Bill/Iraq; Stem Cells Arianna Huffington KCRW's Left, Right & Center 29:27 Will W---s late effort to broker MidEast peace bear fruit or will the details kill any possible deal. The GOP CNN/YouTube debate saw Mike Huckabee rise above the others--- dog-fight fray. Plus Tony...
- Performance Today - Piano Puzzler 11/14/2007 APM APM: Performance Today - Piano Puzzler 6:32 This week's contestant is Nicole Gutman from Stony Brook, NY.
- Performance Today - Piano Puzzler 11/21/2007 APM APM: Performance Today - Piano Puzzler 4:50 This week's contestant is Martin Ho of Minneapolis, MN.
- Performance Today - Piano Puzzler 11/28/2007 APM APM: Performance Today - Piano Puzzler 6:23 This week's contestant is Bob Boguslaw USMC, West Friendship, MD, WETA.
- Performance Today - Piano Puzzler 12/05/2007 APM APM: Performance Today - Piano Puzzler 5:59 This week's contestant is Ken Kixmoeller of White Bear Lake, MN.
- Please Explain: Acupuncture WNYC New York Public Radio WNYC's Leonard Lopate Show: Please Explain 37:37 Most experts agree that acupuncture is safe, but does it work? And what is the circulation of Qi, the meridian system, and the five phases theory? Find out all about acupuncture on today's Please Explain.
- Political Speech in the Race for President NPR NPR: Justice Talking 8:24 The presidential election is less than a year away and a Supreme Court ruling could change the kinds of advertisements we see and hear in the days running up to an election. Also, some are questioning whether reporters need a law to protect them from bein
- The Price We Pay Today for the 1919 Versailles Conference (The Leonard Lopate Show: Wednesday, 05 December 2007) WNYC, New York Public Radio WNYC's Leonard Lopate Show 35:51 After WWI, the Versailles peace conference was intended to create a lasting peace. Instead, it helped lead to WWII, the Cold War, the current Iraq war, and more. David Andelman says we’re still tied up in the loose ends of Versailles in his new book is A
- Q Podcast #055 - New To Q - Palladium Q The Q Podcast 14:10 80s-obsessed pop fopps - Palladium - discuss Amy Winehouse, ice-skating unicorns and why they're not the "four horsemen of the apocalypse," despite what their critics say. They also play three tracks from their forthcoming debut album, The Way It's Not.
- Quirks & Quarks - 2007-12-01 CBC Radio: Quirks & Quarks Complete Show CBC Radio: Quirks & Quarks Complete Show 53:22 Venus Express, Pain and Paris Hilton, Squirrel Personalities, Microbial Hydrogen, Monkeys on Strike, Good/Bad Calories Feedback
- A Quotable, Pithy Guide to Aphorists NPR NPR: Driveway Moments 8:28 James Geary has gathered examples of what he calls the oldest and shortest literary art form on the planet -- the aphorism -- into a compendium, Geary's Guide to the World's Great Aphorists. He shares the rules he uses to identify an aphorism.
- R3-30: Episode 41 CBC Radio 3 CBC Radio 3 R3-30 1:04:57 Just over one hour of solid entertainment, featuring 10 songs from the top 30, a Musician Pitch from The Sadies, a Long Range Request to the afterlife, a new City Jingle, the Wheel of Freedom and the very first R3-30 FC event is announced!
- R4Choice: From Calvary to Lambeth 30 Nov 07 BBC Radio 4 Radio 4 Choice 37:09 Michael Buerk reports on the divide over homosexuality in the worldwide Anglican Church. He talks to Archbishop Desmond Tutu, who gives vent to his feelings of shame over homophobia....
- Radio Without Borders: Brian Keane, Essex Green, Jose Gonzalez, The Horsies and The Weary Boys KUT KUT : Radio Without Borders 18:40 Radio Without Borders #10December 4, 2007Darrell Scott, Kim Richey, Sam Baker, The Hudsons, and Kara Grainger Brian Keane"Go So Wrong" In early December 2007, after a long and illustrious career of making music in Austin, artist Brian Keane packed h
- Recrossing the Atlantic (The Brian Lehrer Show: Wednesday, 05 December 2007) WNYC, New York Public Radio WNYC's Brian Lehrer Show 17:30 Gersh Kunztman, the editor of The Brooklyn Paper, and Errol Louis, a columnist for the Daily News, checks in with us about new movement on, and new resistance to, the Atlantic Yards development plan.
- Rewriting History Nick Madigan KCRW's Minding the Media 4:10 If journalism is the first draft of history, we've got our work cut out for us. So many politicians are spinning their own fantastical versions of certain events that it's going to take constant re...
- Robert Reich Commentary for December 5, 2007 APM: Robert Reich Commentaries from Marketplace 2:44 Middle class is out of ways to cope
- Robert Reich Commentary for November 21, 2007 APM: Robert Reich Commentaries from Marketplace 2:23 The splurge is over, folks
- Robert Reich Commentary for November 28, 2007 APM: Robert Reich Commentaries from Marketplace 2:49 Telecoms should fight illegal orders
- Rudy Giuliani (R) Politics and Eggs Event in Bedford, NH C-SPAN C-SPAN - Podcast of the Week 52:40 2008 presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani speaks at a Politics and Eggs breakfast in Bedford, NH.
- Say Hi: 'Northwestern Girls' NPR NPR: Second Stage 4:05 After releasing four albums about vampires, video games, spiders and robots, songwriter Eric Elbogen decided to get serious. The multi-instrumentalist moved from Brooklyn to Seattle and produced a lush new collection of introspective songs called 'The Wi
- Science Podcast, 30 November 2007 Science Science Magazine Podcast 40:19 Sexual dimorphism in a fossil hominin; X-ray outflow from the Orion Nebula; iron fertilization experiments in the ocean; and more.
- Science Weekly: 03.11.2007 Guardian Unlimited Science on Guardian Unlimited 26:19 Dating is our subject this week - not the speed dating type, but carbon dating... Geologist Chris Turney is in the studio to tell us how dating has been used to solve mysteries like the authenticity of the Turin Shroud.
- The UN's climate summit in Bali ki
- Scott Brennan and Ray Buckley, State Democratic Party Chairmen C-SPAN C-SPAN - Newsmakers 30:28 Scott Brennan, Iowa Democratic Party Chair and Ray Buckley, New Hampshire Democratic Party Chair interviewed by Mark Silva, Chicago Tribune and Susan Milligan, Boston Globe.
- Self-Fulfilling Prophecies with David Allen David Freudberg HumanMedia.org Podcasts 5:07 "Often times if you keep focused on the problem itself, you keep recreating the problem. [Instead think about:] What would you like to have true in this relationship? What would you like to have true in your life? And that provides a very different kind o
- Shapes & Sizes in Session CBC Radio 3 CBC Radio 3 Podcast 30:09 Shapes & Sizes engage in some studio fun in this exclusive CBC Radio 3 Session.
- Shock and awe MPR MPR: Midmorning Podcast (Hour 2) with Kerri Miller 53:29 In her new book, author and activist Naomi Klein argues that behind the war in Iraq and the rebuilding of hurricane-devastated New Orleans is an attempt to promote radical economic policies that she terms "disaster capitalism."
- Slate: Superpregnant Dale Willman Slate Magazine Daily Podcast 4:50 Superpregnant: How Juno is Knocked Up from the girl's point of view, by Dana Stevens
- Slate: The YouTube Gabfest Slate Magazine Podcasts Slate's Political Gabfest 29:20 Slate's Political Gabfest, with Emily Bazelon, John Dickerson, and David Plotz. On today's agenda: The YouTube Debates, Middle East Peace Talks hit Annapolis, and blasphemy in Sudan
- The Smalls - My Saddle Horse Has Died CBC Radio 3 CBC Radio 3 New Music Canada Track of the Day 4:22 New Music Canada Track of the Day. Lisa Christiansen: "Before Corb Lund was the country crooner we all know him as..."
- Sound Opinions unearths more Buried Treasures Chicago Public Radio APM: Sound Opinions on Demand 55:59 It’s time for another round of Buried Treasures. Jim and Greg have a stockpile of musical gems they’re dying to unearth.
- Sound Opinions with the New Pornographers Chicago Public Radio APM: Sound Opinions on Demand 58:35 Canadian indie rockers The New Pornographers visit the show for a conversation and live performance. And stay tuned for reviews of new albums by teen pop star Chris Brown and folk rock duo Damon and Naomi.
- The Splendid Table for Saturday December 1, 2007 American Public Media APM: The Splendid Table 51:05 This week we're joined by reknown cheese expert Laura Werlin author of Laura Werlin's Cheese Essentials; an Insiders Guide to Buying and Serving Cheese. New York City food authority Mike Colameco introduces us some of New York great tiny hole-in-the walls
- Steve Earle NPR NPR: World Cafe Words and Music from WXPN 15:12 On this edition of World Caf? Words and Music from WXPN, host David Dye speaks with roots rocker Steve Earle. The longtime Tennessee resident just moved to New York City. His new album "Washington Square Serenade" reflects his feelings about his new hom
- StoryCorps 39: I'm Still Here NPR NPR: StoryCorps 4:07 Charles Jackson remembers the day he found out that his mother had early onset Alzheimer's disease. Jackson recorded his interview through StoryCorps' Memory Loss Initiative.
- STW: James Rubin, Anatol Lieven, Giles Foden and Gillian Beer BBC Radio 4 Start the Week with Andrew Marr 42:11 Former US Assistant Secretary of State James Rubin on American foreign policy since 9/11; Anatol Lieven on Pakistan; Giles Foden on Joseph Conrad; and Gillian Beer discusses posterity....
- TA: Grandparents and Tourism BBC Radio 4 Thinking Allowed 26:43 The role of grandparents is double edged and contradictory says Jennifer Mason, they have to always 'be there', but never interfer. Laurie also hears about how travel and tourism is changing and people are opting for culture and experience over...
- Texas Music Matters Exclusive: Okkervil River Live: "For Real": Okkervil River KUT : Texas Music Matters 9:07 An exclusive recording of Okkervil River and strings from UT's Hogg Auditorium. Originally recorded on April 21st, 2007.
- Today: 0850 Boxing 06 Dec 07 BBC Radio 4 Best of Today 4:33 Boxing is back in the limelight, but should we celebrate?...
- Transgender Identity Wisconsin Public Radio PRI: To the Best of Our Knowledge 53:43 Aaron Raz Link and Hilda Raz are the co-authors of a collaborative memoir about Raz Link's surgical transformation from female to transsexual male. Genesis Breyer P-Orridge is an English performer, musician, writer and artist. Jason Goodwin has written
- Tyler Ramsey: Delicate and Comforting NPR NPR: World Cafe: Next from WXPN 11:21 Tyler Ramsey's music showcases his thoughtful approach to instrumentalism and lyricism. Ramsey's experiences growing up in the mountains of North Carolina -- a common path for traveling blues musicians -- had inspired him to incorporate a variety of folk
- U.S. Should Show Muscle in Diplomacy with China NPR NPR: Koppel on the News 4:50 NPR Senior News Analyst Ted Koppel comments on the balance between making good business choices and having a backbone in dealing with the Chinese. Koppel says the Chinese these days don't like Americans dictating to them, and they are flexing their mouths
- Unger Report: The Midwestern BS Radar NPR NPR: Satire from The Unger Report 4:03 Humorist and Midwesterner Brian Unger looks at why Mike Huckabee and Barack Obama are resonating with "his people."
- The Universal Digital Library's audacious goal APM APM: Future Tense 4:29 UDL seeks to digitize and distribute all of the world's books
- VC: December 1st, 2007, "Ferrets for Christmas" CBC Radio: Vinyl Cafe Stories CBC Radio: Vinyl Cafe Stories 25:50 Sam brings home a pet ferret for Christmas, without telling his parents.
- Violence Is Golden Michael Musto La Dolce Musto 8:48 And stunning, where Bardem and the Coens are concerned.
- The Virgins - Rich Girls MPR: The Current Song of the Day 3:44 The Virgins' "Rich Girls" from their new self-titled EP.
- Voices of the Tide DJ Steve Boyett GROOVELECTRIC: House, Progressive House, & Funky Tech House Journeys 55:07 Shore thing.
- The Washington Post Book World Podcast Writers and Editors of The Washington Post Book World Section. The Washington Post Book World Podcast 31:37 The Washington Post Book World Podcast
- Wax Mannequin - Animals Jump CBC Radio 3 CBC Radio 3 New Music Canada Track of the Day 4:39 New Music Canada Track of the Day. Lauren Burrows: "I've got a few reasons why I like the artist known as Wax Mannequin so much..."
- WBC: Sara Paretsky BBC World Service World Book Club 26:47 American crime writer Sara Paretsky talks to Harriett Gilbert about her detective novel 'Indemnity Only'....
- West Indian Girl Nic Harcourt KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic 41:55 LA-based collective West Indian Girl performs songs from its shiny new release, 4th & Wall, on Morning Becomes Eclectic at 11:15am.
- WFMU's Anti Static with Mike Lupica from Dec 5, 2007 WFMU and Mike Lupica WFMU's Anti Static with Mike Lupica 14:35 Anti Static with Mike Lupica Podcast on WFMU.org from Dec 5, 2007 (Plaid Retina, Zipgun, Sebadoh)
- WFMU's Dave Emory from Dec 4, 2007 WFMU and Dave Emory WFMU's Dave Emory 1:07:11 Dave Emory Podcast on WFMU.org from Dec 4, 2007 (FTR 620: Interview with Paris Flammonde About the Mask of New Orleans Pt 1 & FTR 581: Update on Fascism in Japan. (FTR 581 is a rerun))
- What Verizon's open network means to you APM APM: Future Tense 4:44 CNET's Tom Merritt on Verizon Wireless' move to open its network
- What's Next for the US and Iran. Warren Olney KCRW's To the Point 50:41 President Bush says it's up to Iran to avoid international sanctions, but the latest Intelligence Estimate will make his case harder to make with western Europe, Russia and China.-- We look at the ...
- Wife's Story Highlights Indian Marriage Scam NPR NPR: World Story of the Day 7:09 Social activists say as many as 15,000 women in the northern state of Punjab alone are the victims of a growing racket in which Indian men based overseas arrange marriages back home for the purpose of extorting wealth from their brides' families.
- Winter Reading List KQED Public Radio KQED's Forum 52:00 In this open hour, listeners are invited to call in and share their recommendations for the best books of this year and those they plan on giving this holiday season. Joining the show is Oscar Villalon, book editor at the San Francisco Chronicle.
- Wolfgang Fuchs Sonarchy Radio Podcast KEXP Presents Sonarchy Radio 1:00:23 a live performance recorded in May 2004 at Polestar Music Gallery featuring Wolfgang Fuchs (reeds), Anne LeBaron (harp), Torsten Muller (bass), and Ronit Kirchman (violin).
- Word for Word, November 23, 2007: Norman Mailer APM APM: APM: Word for Word 53:19 Literary legend Norman Mailer died this month at age 84. Mailer, who wrote three dozen books, co-founded the Village Voice and won two Pulitzer Prizes, talked about his long career in January as part of the New York Times TimesTalks series.
- Word for Word, November 30, 2007: Tom Brokaw APM APM: APM: Word for Word 53:19 Brokaw examines the legacy of that tumultuous decade, and he talked about the book in a recent appearance at the Town Hall Los Angeles.
- The World: Global Hit - Mohsen Namjoo PRI's The World: Global Hit 3:57 Mohsen Namjoo practices a subtle form of protest music. Namjoo is an Iranian singer and composer. He's a master of classical Persian poetry. But his fans say his satirical songs reflect the frustrations of Iranians today. Roxana Saberi reports from Tehran
- The Writer's Almanac for Wednesday, November 28, 2007 APM APM: Garrison Keillor's The Writer's Almanac 5:38 The Writer's Almanac for Wednesday, November 28, 2007
- WTP 175: Freerice.com, Skype Good/Skype Bad?, and Social Networking in Iraq Tech podcast supported by TIAA-CREF: That's power of dot org PRI's The World: Technology 27:24 Here's the line-up for Tech Podcast 175: first, a website that allows you to donate grains of rice while taking a vocabulary quiz. Then, two reports on Skype. The first looks at how language teachers, and learners, are connecting via voice-over-internet
Wednesday, December 05, 2007
The Yogi's Holiday Survival Guide
At a recent potluck, a yogi friend modeled her method for keeping holiday commercialism at a minimum. She gathered up unnecessary items throughout her house, wrapped them creatively with newspaper and recycled ribbon, and hosted a recycled-gift exchange. Participants could either keep the white elephant gift or, in the spirit of the holidays, pass it on to someone on their own recipient list. My friend, for her part, was able to clean house and share in the joy of giving.
If holiday shopping pressure makes you stressed or resentful, examine and address your reaction with yogic techniques. Create new traditions, like the white elephant exchange. Or enjoy simple rituals with your loved ones, without necessarily relying on gift giving. Think of the fruitful ways, other than shopping, to spend your time — perhaps pamper yourself with holistic healing remedies.
If, however, you do feel compelled to shop for the yogis on your list, consider these recommendations for personal and spiritual growth.
- Preludio e Foga in Do magg, BMV 545 6:20 Riccardo Doni Organ Music of Bach's Family Classical Bach, Johann Sebastian 1994
- Son Of A Gun 3:47 The Vaselines The Way Of The Vaselines - A Complete History Alternative & Punk Eugene Kelly, Frances McKee 1992
- Chelsea Bridge 2:56 Duke Ellington & His Orchestra Big Ben - Disc 2 - All Too Soon Jazz Billy Strayhorn 1941
- I've Got a Crush on You 2:59 Sarah Vaughan Young Sassy: I'll Wait And Pray (Disc 1) Jazz George & Ira Gershwin 1946
- Sendin’ The Vipers May 7, 1934 2:59 Mezz Mezzrow That Devilin' Tune: A Jazz History (1895-1950) Vol. 3 Jazz
- Trigger Cut / Wounded-Kite At :17 3:16 Pavement Slanted & Enchanted Alternative & Punk Pavement 1992
- Bitches Brew 27:00 Miles Davis Bitches Brew [Disc 1] Jazz Miles Davis 1969
- Rain Forest Version One 21:50 David Tudor Rainforest Classical David Tudor 1998
- Everyday 2005 [Chilled Out Mix] 3:44 Agnelli & Nelson The No.1 Ibiza Chillout Album (Disc 2) Electronica/Dance 2004
- Killed By Death 4:40 Motörhead No Remorse Metal 1988
Thursday, November 29, 2007
- Bone Machine 3:02 Pixies Surfer Rosa & Come On Pilgrim Alternative & Punk 1988 Black Francis
- Agnus Dei (Adagio for Strings, op.11) 5:55 University of Melbourne Choir / Lawrence Choral Music - Ormond College / Lawrence Classical 2000 Barber, Samuel
- Just A-Sittin' and A-Rockin' 3:36 Duke Ellington & His Orchestra Big Ben - Disc 2- All Too Soon Jazz 1941 Duke Ellington, Billy Strayhorn, Lee Gaines
- Los Angeles 2:25 X Los Angeles & Wild Gift Alternative & Punk 1980 John Doe/Exene Cervenka
- Animal Magnetism 7:57 Arnold Dreyblatt & The Orchestra of Excited Strings Animal Magnetism Jazz 1995 Arnold Dreyblatt
- Debonair 4:15 The Afghan Whigs Gentlemen Alternative & Punk 1993 Greg Dulli
- Seeing Other People 3:48 Belle & Sebastian If You're Feeling Sinister Alternative & Punk 1996 Belle & Sebastian
- If You Could See Me Now 2:51 Sarah Vaughan Young Sassy: I'll Wait And Pray (Disc 1) Jazz 1946 Tadd Dameron
- I'll Come Running 3:51 Brian Eno Another Green World Rock 1975 Brian Eno
- A Version Of Myself 2:32 The Go! Team Proof Of Yout [Bonus Disc] Alternative & Punk 2007
- Serenade To A Wealthy Widow Sept. 14, 1934 2:51 Hal Kemp That Devilin' Tune: A Jazz History (1895-1950) Vol. 3 Jazz
- Loss Of The Innocents 9:04 Mark Dresser Banquet Jazz 1997 Mark Dresser
- Another Hollow Line 3:35 The Young Knives Mojo: Made In Britain 2007 Alternative & Punk 2006 Various
- Baby Please Don't Go 2:52 Lightnin' Hopkins Texas Thunderbolt Disc 2: Shotgun Blues Blues 2007
- Lily Mwana Ya Quartier 4:07 Tabu Ley Rochereau THE VOICE OF LIGHTNESS (disc1:1961-71) World 2007
- Wrong 3:41 Archers Of Loaf Icky Mettle Alternative & Punk 1993
- C.V. Jump 3:31 Charlie Ventura Bop For The People (Disc 1 - Charlie Comes On) Jazz 2002
- Rapture (Soulside Remix) 6:34 iiO The No.1 Ibiza Chillout Album (Disc 2) Electronica/Dance 2001
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
- Dark Dark Dark 4:58 The Mekons Natural Alternative & Punk 2007
- The Big Ship 3:03 Brian Eno Another Green World Rock 1975 Brian Eno
- Linger Awhile 1934 2:54 Glen Gray & The Casa Loma Orchestra That Devilin' Tune: A Jazz History (1895-1950) Vol. 3 Jazz
- Titanic Vandalism 3:50 The Go! Team Proof Of Youth Alternative & Punk 2007 Ian Pardon
- Old Friend 4:53 Shooter Jennings The Wolf Country 2007
- Breathe 2:06 Jill Scott The Real Thing: Words And Sounds, Vol. 3 R&B 2007
- Beethoven - Concerto pour piano n° 2 in B flat major, Op 19, II Adagio 8:25 Gulda, Friedrich ; Wiener Philarmoniker; Horst Stein Beethoven - Intégrale - Concertos pour piano (CD 007) Classical 1970 Beethoven, Ludwig van (1770-1827)
- Might 2:05 Archers Of Loaf Icky Mettle Alternative & Punk 1993
- 6 Underground 3:48 Sneaker Pimps The No.1 Ibiza Chillout Album (Disc 3) Electronica/Dance 2005
- Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying 3:25 Belle & Sebastian If You're Feeling Sinister Alternative & Punk 1996 Belle & Sebastian
- It Sure Can Get Cold In Des Moines 2:55 Tom T. Hall The Essential Tom T. Hall: Story Songs/20th Anniversary Country 1998
- Charlie Comes On 3:16 Charlie Ventura Bop For The People (Disc 1 - Charlie Comes On) Jazz 2002
- Who Knew? 3:27 Pink Now That's What I Call Music 26 Pop 2007
- Wesström Adante 2:53 svenskt 1700-tal i musiken Hvad glans,behag och smak Classical
- Way Back When 3:32 Buck 65 Situation Hip Hop/Rap 2007
- In The Future 6:35 David Byrne The Knee Plays Rock 2007 David Byrne
- Rigor Mortis 4:02 Wussy Left For Dead Alternative & Punk 2007
- Pink Cadillac 2:23 Paul Bascomb The Big Horn: Honkin' & Screamin' Saxophone (Disc 4) R&B 1952 Bascomb
- Shang Hai 4:45 Hang On The Box Look Directly Into The Sun: China Pop 2007 Alternative & Punk 2007
- Mandolino 2:25 Les Paul & Mary Ford I'm Movin' On Easy Listening
- Dip Dip Divin' 3:37 Justin Warfield My Field Trip To Planet 9 (Explicit) Hip Hop/Rap 2005
Friday, November 23, 2007
- Silver Dream 4:21 Blackie & The Rodeo Kings Paste Magazine Sampler #37 Rock 2007 Tom Wilson, Stephen Fearing, Colin Linden
- Golden Hours 4:01 Brian Eno Another Green World Rock 1975 John Cale/Robert Fripp
- Wikmansson Scherzando poco presto 3:37 svenskt 1700-tal i musiken Hvad glans,behag och smak Classical
- Gentlemen 3:54 The Afghan Whigs Gentlemen Alternative & Punk 1993 Greg Dulli
- Day In - Day Out 4:34 Frank Strozier Cool, Calm And Collected Jazz
- A Europaische Kolomyka 2:53 Yiddish - Raderman-Beckerman Orchestra The Secret Museum Of Mankind Vol.1 Ethnic Music Classics 1925-48 World 1995
- Ace Of Spades 2:48 Motörhead No Remorse Metal 1988
- I Surrender Dear 2:52 Charlie Ventura Bop For The People (Disc 1 - Charlie Comes On) Jazz 2002
- Mayflies 3:10 Wussy Left For Dead Alternative & Punk 2007
- Phantom Broadcast 2:31 The Go! Team Proof Of Yout [Bonus Disc] Alternative & Punk 2007
- Pharaoh's Dance 20:00 Miles Davis Bitches Brew [Disc 1] Jazz 1969 Joe Zawinul
- Preludio e Fuga in Mi min. BMV 548 15:02 Riccardo Doni Organ Music of Bach's Family Classical 1994 Bach, Johann Sebastian
- 100 Days, 100 Nights 3:46 Sharon Jones Paste Magazine Sampler 38 Rock 2007
- If You're Feeling Sinister 5:21 Belle & Sebastian If You're Feeling Sinister Alternative & Punk 1996 Belle & Sebastian
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
- The Stars Of Track And Field 4:48 Belle & Sebastian If You're Feeling Sinister Alternative & Punk 1996 Belle & Sebastian
- Mother Of Pearl 2:10 Nellie McKay Obligatory Villagers Rock 2007
- Be Sweet 3:37 The Afghan Whigs Gentlemen Alternative & Punk 1993 Greg Dulli/Rick McCollum
- Fake ID 3:26 The Go! Team Proof Of Youth Alternative & Punk 2007 Ian Pardon
- Good Morning [Intro] 3:15 Kanye West Graduation Hip Hop/Rap 2007 Kanye West
- Zeroes And Ones 3:48 The Mekons Natural Alternative & Punk 2007
- Roman SinfoniaFmajor 4:16 svenskt 1700-tal i musiken Hvad glans,behag och smak Classical
- Drinkin' Problem 4:00 Lori McKenna Unglamorous Country 2007 Lori McKenna & Mark D. Sanders
- St. Elmo's Fire 3:03 Brian Eno Another Green World Rock 1975 Brian Eno
- Walk Of Life 3:59 Shooter Jennings The Wolf Country 2007
- What's-His-Name 3:59 Wussy Left For Dead Alternative & Punk 2007
- A Brighter Beat 3:45 Malcolm Middleton Mojo: Made In Britain 2007 Alternative & Punk 2007 Various
- Star Dust 4:20 Duke Ellington & His Orchestra Big Ben - Disc 2 - All Too Soon Jazz 1940 Hoagy Carmichael, Mitchell Parish
- Adams: Short Ride In A Fast Machine 4:14 Nathan Gunn; Marin Alsop: Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra Adams: Shaker Loops, Wound Dresser, Short Ride In A Fast Machine Classical 2004 Thomas Adams
- The Beatific 3:16 Buck 65 Situation Hip Hop/Rap 2007
- We're Desperate 2:00 X Los Angeles & Wild Gift Alternative & Punk 1981 John Doe/Exene Cervenka
- Crown Royal 1:49 Jill Scott The Real Thing: Words And Sounds, Vol. 3 R&B 2007
- Tea For Two 2:57 Charlie Ventura Bop For The People (Disc 1 - Charlie Comes On) Jazz 2002
- Levitate Me 2:38 Pixies Surfer Rosa & Come On Pilgrim Alternative & Punk 1988 Black Francis, David Lovering, Walsh
- Challengers 3:32 The New Pornographers Challengers Alternative & Punk 2007 A.C. Newman
- We Be Feat. Ursulla Racker 5:09 Wax Tailor ft Ursula Rucker Hope & Sorrow Electronica/Dance 2007
- All The Way From Philadelphia 4:23 Three Tenors Of Soul All The Way From Philadelphia R&B 2007
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
- Can't Hardly Wait 3:06 The Replacements Just Say Yes ... Sire's Winter CD Music Sampler Pop 1987
- Serenade For Wind Instruments: I. Allegro Moderato 6:14 Peabody Wind Ensemble Orff, Bird, and Reed Classical Arthur Bird 2002
- The Telephone Is Ringing 3:11 Pee Wee Crayton Vee-Jay: The Definitive Collection (Disc 2) Pop Pee Wee Crayton 1956
- Identity Theft 3:28 Nellie McKay Obligatory Villagers Rock 2007
- It Might as Well Be Spring 3:14 Sarah Vaughan Young Sassy: You're Mine You (Disc 4) Jazz Richard Rodgers, Oscar Hammerstein II 1950
- Jonah 3:32 Wussy Left For Dead Alternative & Punk 2007
- Mr. Nobody 3:02 Buck 65 Situation Hip Hop/Rap 2007
- Beethoven: Symphony #9 In D Minor, Op. 125, "Chorale" - 3. Adagio molto e cantabile - Andante moderato - Adagio 19:32 Ludwig Van Beethoven Beethoven: Symphony #9, "Choral" Classical Beethoven 1995
- Brazil 2:38 Les Paul & Mary Ford How High The Moon Easy Listening
- Wake Up (It's Africa Calling) 3:58 Youssou N'Dour Rokku Mi Rokka World 2007
- Higher 3:22 Shooter Jennings The Wolf Country 2007
- Stronger 5:12 Kanye West Graduation Hip Hop/Rap Kanye West, Jon Brion & Timbaland/Kanye West 2007
- Perfect Mirror 4:19 The Mekons Natural Alternative & Punk 2007
- Close Your Cold Eyes 3:25 Snapline Look Directly Into The Sun: China Pop 2007 Alternative & Punk 2007
- Coucou 2:42 Josette Dayde Et Le Quintette Du Hot Club De France Gypsy Jazz(Disc Two : Gitan Swing) Jazz Mathas/Feline 1940
- Kraus Larghetto 6:39 svenskt 1700-tal i musiken Hvad glans,behag och smak Classical
Friday, October 19, 2007
- Go Places 4:33 The New Pornographers Challengers Alternative & Punk 2007 A.C. Newman
- Arnold Layne 2:56 Pink Floyd The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn (bonus disc) Rock 1967
- Politan 4:18 Nellie McKay Obligatory Villagers Rock 2007
- Black Out On White Night 4:20 Sage Francis Paste Magazine Sampler #35 Unclassifiable 2007 Sage Francis
- Just A Little Bit 2:09 Rosco Gordon Vee-Jay: The Definitive Collection Pop 1959 Thornton, Brown, Bass, Washington
- Give Me A Sad Song 3:57 Linda Thompson Versatile Heart Rock 2007 Betsy Cook/Linda Thompson
- See Dem A Come (12" Mix w/ Prince Weedy) 6:56 Culture Two Sevens Clash: The 30th Anniversary Edition Reggae
- Up And Down 3:39 Serpent Power The Serpent Power & Poet Song Rock
- Gator's Groove 2:40 Willis Jackson The Big Horn: Honkin' & Screamin' Saxophone (Disc 4) R&B 1952 Jackson
- The Wrath Of Marcie 3:23 The Go! Team Proof Of Youth Alternative & Punk 2007 Ian Pardon
- Smoke Detector 2:58 Rilo Kiley Under The Blacklight Alternative & Punk 2007
- That's What Friends Are For 4:05 Three Tenors Of Soul All The Way From Philadelphia R&B 2007
- Unglamorous 4:13 Lori McKenna Unglamorous Country 2007 Lori McKenna & Liz Rose
- BWV673 Christe; Aller Welt Trost 1:34 Kraft, Walter Bach Organ Music (10) Classical Bach, Johann Sebastian
- Passion Play 2:54 Loudon Wainwright III Strange Weirdos: Music From and Inspired by the Film Knocked Up Folk 2007 Loudon Wainwright III, Joe Henry
- Another Time 3:06 Pearls Before Swine One Nation Underground and Balaklava Alternative & Punk 1967 Tom Rapp
- Nakelavishe (Esma Redzepova) 3:00 Fanfare Cioca˘rlia Queens And Kings World 2007 Trad.
- Nice Work If You Can Get It 2:37 Sarah Vaughan Young Sassy: You're Mine You (Disc 4) Jazz 1950 George & Ira Gershwin
- Sun Storm 15:09 Mac Lethal 11:11 Hip Hop/Rap 2007
Thursday, October 18, 2007
|Beethoven: Symphony No 9 / Furtw�ngler, Bayreuth Festival|
Bay / Beethoven / Furtwangler / Schowarzkopf
|---this is the one that makes me miss not getting the extra 'historic' Beethoven recordings|
|Schubert, Beethoven: Piano Trios / Cortot, Thibaud, Casals|
Beethoven / Casals / Cortot / Schubert / Thibaud
|---yes, the Schubert is in the Beethoven box too|
|Beethoven: Piano Sonatas 21, 23, 30, 31 / Walter Gieseking|
Beethoven / Giesking
|Karajan Edition - Beethoven: 9 Symphonien / Philharmonia|
Beethoven / Karajan / Philharmonia
|---only one of these discs is in the "historic" Beethoven box -- but the rest might not be half bad either|
|Beethoven: Symphony no 3, Leonore no 1 & 2 /Klemperer, et al|
Beethoven / Klemperer
|Beethoven: Piano Sonatas no 21-23, 25, 27, 30-32 / Schnabel|
Beethoven / Schnabel
|Beethoven: Piano Sonatas No 29 & 32 / Solomon|
Beethoven / Solomon
|Beethoven: Complete Piano Sonatas / Yves Nat|
|---the "historic" disc -- and more|
|Best Beethoven 100|
Best Beethoven 100
|---this doesn't seem to have any of the historic recordings but for 6 discs it seems like another great deal|
|Beethoven: Sonatas For Cello And Piano / Pablo Casals, Et Al|
|Historic Russian Archives - Oistrakh plays Violin Concertos|
|---again, the "historic" disc and a few others, probably fully worthy|
|Symphonies - 100 CD Box|
Symphonies-The Symphonic Cycles Of The Great Compo Pre-Order Now! Available: Tuesday, November 06, 2007
|---Beethoven, Mozart, Haydn, etc. -- more ridiculous excess|
- ► 2017 (332)
- ► 2016 (418)
- ► 2014 (19)
- ► 2013 (11)
- ► 2008 (70)
- ▼ December (6)
- ► 2006 (96)