Tuesday, December 11, 2007

wasting more time

I now have:
CHRISTGAU PICKS FOR MY CD COLLECTION published on the web.
My document is publicly viewable at: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dg4jpxbt_13db8bwcq6
Published on December 11, 2007 12:24 PM
---So far the list covers just for the past couple years, but it might be useful for me if not for others. At any rate, if you are a list freak like me, here is another of my lists. As you may know or have surmised I am a zealous collector of Christgau Consumer Guide choices in my music collection. I've noticed on the Robert Christgau website, that handy lists by year can easily be found. Checking printouts of these against my own database, it is quite easy for me to make an extract of Xgau choices in my collection. Unfortunately for my bankroll I also acquire more jazz and classical music, not to mention podcasts, outside the Xgau purview than I can ever hope to give enough of a listen to, but for pop and rock and a diverse coterie of subgenres, Christgau has been my main man to lead me by the ear, ever since I first broke down and bought a CD player back in 1992 and didn't want to make the mistakes I made with all the vinyl LPs I had accrued until then. I mean CDs were expensive. They still are, but I am finding that there are more budget choices to try things just to check things out, without beforehand being sure they will be great to listen to after many plays, as Christgau insures.
---Right now my total collection stands at some 6000+ discs. Four thousand, at least, I wish I could listen to right now. Browsing the list at least I can be reminded a little bit of what all there is there.

Blog Archive