Wednesday, November 23, 2011

sidetrack city

Sidetrack city once again: email from Google Music acknowledging my order for "free song" yesterday prompted me to go there and find 48 more free songs to "buy", but I had to click three times on each one (buy, continue, close). So now I have a playlist with more than three hours of free songs. I'll try to make time to listen to it! Meanwhile, I'm glad I at least bought something (the Rolling Stones Brussels Affair: 1973), so I don't have to feel so much like the free-loader I am. One of these days, if I ever buy a mobile device, I will look long and hard at something Android, so I can not only listen to my Google Music song library, but also upload my own music...and then, what? Use the device as a music player? My iPod sits doing nothing, unused for weeks, thanks to the fact that I'm not a mobile person, any more than I have to be -- and when I am I don't do the headphone-wearing don't-bother-me thing. The only person I might really want to have that work with takes headphones as a signal more to interrupt than to let the music be listened to.

Blog Archive